Perineal Preparation Oil
An all-natural certified aromatherapist formulated oil to help you prepare for birth.
Perineum massage can help to reduce the chances of tearing in child birth. Massing the perineum can increase the elasticity in the skin, which in turn can protect against tearing - which can happen during birth and labour.
From about 35 weeks you can start preparing for your labour and birth with perineal massage.
Research has shown that massaging the perineum during late pregnancy may encourage elasticity and reduce the risk of tearing during childbirth.
Where is my perineum?
The perineum is the area between the vaginal opening and anus. Some women choose to use perineal massage as a way of (hopefully) reducing their risk of perineal trauma during childbirth.
When can I start perineal massage?
You can start massage from about 35 weeks and perform no more than three times per fortnight.
How should I do perineal massage?
- Gently insert thumbs or 1-2 fingers, 3-5 cm into the vagina, and firmly sweep in a downward and side to side motion for five minutes, using a natural oil for lubrication, (Avoid nut-based oils if known allergies. Do not use baby oil, mineral oil or petroleum jelly).
- You may feel a burning sensation which will diminish over time.
- Do not massage if you have active genital herpes or a vaginal infection present.
- Most women consider their partner’s involvement as positive.
Ask your doctor or midwife for more information ****
Tears and cuts to the sensitive skin of the perineum during labour and child birth are common, but with preparation and perineal massage you can decrease the chances of this happening.
Contains - Lavender and frankincense essential oil, sweet almond oil, fractionated coconut oil. 30ML
Postpartum use- A great oil to use on dry skin which can be common after birth. You may even use it on stretch marks.
* Make sure to always patch test on your skin before use and seek trusted medical advice for any concerns before use.
Free 14 Days Returns
Free shipping on orders over $24
Free EXPRESS shipping on orders over $99