Ten benefits of Baby Wearing
- Ten benefits of babywearing -
1. It's great for traveling with your baby.
Babywearing allows you to go places without having to push a stroller or carry it from one place to the next.
2. People won't touch your baby (as much).
A carrier keeps your baby nestled in a little protected cocoon, keeping germy hands away.
3. It soothes baby.
Babies who are worn by their parents cry less. Babywearing reduces babies' crying, especially in the evening ‘witching’ hours
4. It's good for cognitive and social development.
When babies spend less time crying, they in turn spend more time learning and interacting with their environment. All of this can enhance learning and cognitive development, and overall wellbeing.
5. It's good for their overall health and well-being.
Wearing babies allows you to carry them in a position that's beneficial to their physical health and development. It helps prevent flat head syndrome and can help with colic and reflux.
6. You can nurse discreetly.
It may take a little practice, but once you get the hang of it, you get to nurse without anyone even noticing.
7. You get to keep up with life, hands-free.
This means doing chores around the house, working, cooking, going on a walk and, even more importantly for parents who have more than one child, being more present for your other children. Holding your toddler's hand while wearing your newborn? Isn't that a wonderful thought?
8. It's a great way to bond with your baby.
When you wear your baby, you are more likely to talk and interact with them, and all the baby carrier naps and snuggles are a great way to re-connect with baby once they are out of the womb.
9. Research shows it can decrease the risk of postpartum depression.
Baby wearing can help you break social isolation by making it easier to take a walk, stay active or meet some friends. Lastly, babywearing increases the amount of time spent doing skin-to-skin with your baby, which research has connected to decreased rates of postpartum depression.
10. Partners get to connect with baby in a deeper way.
It’s a lovely activity a dad or partner can do with the baby at any time of the day to soothe the child or just go on a coffee mission in the morning.
Shop our carrier here